The songs are nice but she should have let someone better to sing those songs rather than monopolise the songs and in effect made a fool of herself as a singer. One was that his granddaughter was indeed married to the Prince of Chenjun. For all your questions about his actions, there are no answers. Lady Yehenara, otherwise known as Empress Dowager Cixi, was arguably one of the most successful concubines in China's history. His death scene was funny though. when Liancheng hit her? "The Peacemaker" Wang Zhaojun (Han dynasty, 206BC-8AD) Wang. PerformancesGenerally, pretty good supporting performances by all 3, even if Tony Yang looks weird as some poison sect chieftain look. Love his dubbed voice because it suits his face. A lot of TVB actors and actresses have to go to China to be challenged as an actor and most live up to that challenge because theyre already rather good actors before they left TVB. How is this going? And poor Qiyou, not even Fuya, RUNNN!!!!!. Such words are interchangeable between the 2. PerformanceYan Kuan is a weaker actor than Wallace Huo, in the sense he is less big movements, less emotional on his face. And Lianxi loves Liancheng and would do anything for him. Rachel Lee, Leila Tong, and more actresses were groped during filming. Look, I am no fan of Ruby Lins acting, but it is understandable she should cast herself as the leading actress since she is the producer. Selfish, vain and as bitter as anyone else, she hated Ma Fuya. First a black shadow sneaked in, and then another black shadow jumped in from the roof. The Glamorous Imperial Concubine (2011) Drama 45m User Score Overview Ma Fuya is a princess of the Chu state in 10th-century imperial China during the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period. Of course you could say Lianxi was at fault for turning an innocent boy into a monster but you know, he has a choice.. and he chose to be the monster he is. I didnt like the hairstyle for most though I like the ornaments. the glamorous imperial concubine recap. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jaynestars_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_7',639,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jaynestars_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');Spoiler. If someone else takes the back position, she will be subordinate to others without the support of a (strong qiang) natal family. But back to wallace. Another imperial decree, the granddaughter was canonized as the concubine of Chenjun before she passed the family. She is at lest 3 years older than her 2 main leads, she is probably 2 decades older than her character at the start of the series, she is not even pretty to be called Qing shi. Your review is totally entertaining, I loved every word you wrote. I know of Wallaces fans or other fans who skipped all parts except for Lianchengs scenes. Her pain, her hurt, her anger, her frustration, all at her son and his obsession over Ma Fuya was all on her face. Like I said, there is similarity between Qiyou and Liancheng. If he had forced his daughter to marry someone for the sake of strengthening his rule, he wouldnt have suffered his end. $149.99 + $18.00 shipping. He is abusive to her, physically when he hits her, mentally when he ignores her and emotionally when he refuses to return her love. Liancheng may have died at Xianguns hands but it was because he had to protect Fuya. But first, let me say why I love this series. I really dont know why I hated her so. And I love that scene. But dont know why, I just feel terrible for him. Next day I watched the next episode, indeed he is dead. But when it comes to personal lives, Liancheng is a luckier man except on his wedding night he should have asked his mom Exactly which princess of Chu am I marrying? because if he had, no drama. It felt like a repeat for whatever she would do next. You know the mother loves him and yet couldnt show him and he loves her but feels he didnt earn her love with whatever he does. He can vomit blood, cry and be angry all at the same time. I weep at the thought how he made life so difficult for himself. In fact he has my vote as the most pitiful character ever to grace the TV. Past his icy cold and calculative demeanor, he is gentle, warm and passionate . Among many of the legends, the poem "Lament of Endless Grief" written by Bai Juyi, one of the greatest Tang poets, was the most popular. Yes she is too old for I assume a young character but unlike some actresses who look their age, she looks much younger than her actual age. The new drama will feature the same co-producer and scriptwriter from Light the Night. Yes Liancheng is abusive but this woman, she so craves contact with his skin that she provokes him into hitting her. Whilst I am not a fan of his death scene since I blame Ma Fuya for it, I do like one line he spoke; Flowers do bloom in the cold Northern Han, there can be spring in Northern Han and I will always tear up a bit when he said that as I shall then do a Ma Xiangyun; MA!!! But I feel by that time the series was about to end and whatever character development, it just didnt matter anymore. English title: The Glamorous Imperial Concubine Genre: Historical, romance Episodes: 42 Broadcast network: Hunan TV Broadcast period: 2011-Sep-30 start Air time: 22:00 Opening theme song: Qing Shi Huang Fei () by Ruby Lin Ending theme song: Qing Ting Wo () by Ruby Lin Insert song: Qing Shi () by Wallace Huo Synopsis Watched it because of Yan Kuan. Most often asked question by meEmpress Du, why wont you love Qiyou back?. . Maybe because he has done a lot to atone for his sins and also because Ma Fuyas father would have thrown away his kingdom sooner or later with his almost incestuous fixation over his only daughter which I find annoying to say the least. Yes, she did all that to gain Lianchengs attention but the thing is Lianchengs attention, already shifted to Fuya is only attracted to those who are genuinely good to him without any hidden agenda. It was to me one of the most beautiful introduction, everything I ever need to know about Liu Lian Cheng, I knew in that 5 minutes of his intro, from his dislike of the idea of being a crown prince to his disgust at having to be there at Chu Kingdom and his dissatisfaction at his I suppose royal lineage. Ruby Lin as Ma Fu Ya / Pan Yu (Lady Yuan)Yan Kuan as Meng Qi You (Crown Prince)Wallace Huo as Liu Lian ChengTony Yang as Liu Lian XiHong Xiao Ling as Ma Xiang YunKara Hui as Du Fei Hong (Empress Du)Dai Chun Rong as Dowager GuduWang Lin as Han Chao YiWang Yu as as Meng Qi YunLiu Tao as Wen Jing Ruo (Lady Jing)Zheng Kai as Han MingMao Zi Jun as Ma Du YunLiu Zi Jiao as Liu Lian SiMiao Jun Hao as Hua Gong Gong (Eunuch Hua)Qiu Shuang as Meng Qi XingJiang Kai as Meng Zhi Xiang (Emperor)Yang Kai Chun as Yun ZhuHao Ze Jia as Du WanChen Chen as Su YaoKang Qun Zhi as Li Mu Yi (Empress of Chu)Liu Yong as Ma Yin (King of Chu)Du Jun Ze as Yi BingHao Luo Fan as Xiao Xin GanZhang Xiao Chen as Shen ZhiZhou Yi Wei as Chai RongSun Xi as Mo ChouChen Xi as Li FeiWu Xin as palace maid. The drama is based on a novel by the same name by Murong Yinr and marks the production debut of Ruby Lin, who also stars in the series. When he died, I didnt feel sorry for him. For one, Liu Lian Cheng is a conflicted character that will seize and demand your attention and make you love and hate him and to Wallaces credit, he did not hold back. The entire death scene made it out as if he was being pushed as a pawn in the struggle for power. And even in death he looked at Fuya. Her best scene throughout the series but another best scene to me has to be the one where after her husband died, she went to a room where there was his armour and it was there we learnt how important her contribution to Shu as she poured out her bitterness and her anger and finally her confession that despite all that he did, she still loved him. You can see the way he looks at her that he is eager to please her, when he knows she is not pleased, his shoulder slumped, like the entire weight of disappointment on his shoulder. This show has a strange way of turning rational persons into fan girls. That makes Liancheng a better Emperor. Fuya and Xiangyun are supposed to be great dancers but there is nothing graceful. So she sees him as her best friend. Disgusting man. She didnt kill anyone; but many died for her. Qiyou had and will continue to have a rough life until his death. Starring Ruby Lin with Kevin Yan and Wallace Huo, it was Lin's producing debut. But apart from marriage, Liancheng seems to have a stronger footing when governing his country, he is more strong in his opinion and expressing his opinion. I thought he gave an amazing performance as the cowardly Qixing. I dont know but this scene correctly shows us how it is done. Anyways, it wasnt meant to be flippant. In this time of warring kingdoms and political upheaval, Fuya's uncle usurps the throne, and brutally wipes out her family. Liu Tao I believe is the actress who plays Qiyous courtesan/mistress. Most of the time you see the same expressions, the same looks but it is the way he is not expressive that makes this character so scary. This review is written by Funn Lim, a Contributing Writer at JayneStars.com and was originally posted at www.point2e.com. Not only do I hate her face, I hate her performance. MNCVisionID 69.5K subscribers Ma Fuya (Ruby Lin) is a princess of the Chu state in 10th-century imperial China during the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. And Kara Hui proves to me I shouldnt be biased to dubbed voices. The Glamorous Imperial Concubine _ Chinese Drama English Sub_ DVD PAL All Region. She wanted at first to have his gentleness but when she didnt get it, she so crave for him, she will accept his roughness. I mean I hate Ma Fuya too but Ma Xiangyun is just one nasty woman. The single most despicable character in this entire series who supposedly loves Concubine Mei so much and so loves Qiyun the most but in the end you will realise he only loves himself. I am sure Wallace has his background at the back of his mind when acting in certain ways, such background not available to us viewers since the snip snip happy editing and all. Qixing and his trademark running away like some stray chicken whenever he feels threatened. Qiyun is Qiyous half brother whose mother is Mei. I have seen some BTS with Wallaces original voice. However whilst you can blame her for making a total mess out of the series towards the end, my gut feeling is the director and the person editing fell asleep on the job. Suyao is executed for being a spy. Qixing is stupid. Maybe in part it is Ruby Lin's fault. Operative word is good because when he became emperor, he fell into the same trap like his father did, by overly preferring one woman over the other causing the other to feel hurt and resentment, inability to make good decisions. Liu Lian Cheng is not an easy man to like but easy to love. Every night I will switch on TV to watch this beautiful man. But the dubber chosen for Wallace has a similar voice as Wallace, except accent is more neutral. Mao Zijun as Ma Duyun is actually quite a competent actor. He would do ANYTHING for Fuya, including throwing away his kingdom. I was instantly captivated. and indeed that was the fate of her character) is competent. Maybe he knows he will be dubbed so he didnt care about how he sounded accent wise. I always remember him as that despicable 9th prince in Yongzheng Wang Chao. These people in these palace shows rarely eat dont they? One is when he meets a mask covered Ma Fuya and he was sitting very arrogantly and giving her that I dont give a damn look until he heard her voice and he knew it was her and his look, unchanged except for that momentary shift in his eyes that you know, he knows. Voice actorHis voice was dubbed, obviously. Kara Hui is AWESOME in the series. Liansis baby died from poison put by Fuya but through bees released by Duyun. I didnt like him at first, I dont know why I can like that melancholic abusive bastard so easily and yet it took me some time to warm up to Meng Qiyou. But despite my criticisms on many critical points, I was entertained. She seems to make promises she never keeps; in fact she promised to leave Qiyou, she didnt, she promised to let Liansi have Qiyou, yeah but there is a proviso and that is her, she promised to deliver a message to Suyaos father and she did, like towards the end and because it is to her advantage. ( Log Out / Evil uncle of Fuya dies from being stabbed by Duyun. Originally, Mu Xi Yao was chosen in the imperial selection to enter the royal family as a concubine and suffers greatly there until her death many years later. It can be used in many types of formulations as it has great thermal stability (can be heated up to 85C) and works on a wide range of pH levels (ph 3-10). He cries beautifully but not to divert attention from another gorgeous man that is Yan Kuan, I shall speak more of him later. Ruby also reveals how she convinced her husband, Wallace Huo, to agree to star in the drama. Rating: PG. He looks beautiful at any angle, and mostly at extreme closeups. Remember, Wallace Huo from Taiwan and not Wallace Chung from HK (TVB fans will remember his sorta debut as Kenny Bee in that autobiography (NOT) of Wynners many many years ago). I didnt like this series because of Rubys character. Usually I do not like dubbing but in her case, it enhances her performance, to let us enjoy her every expression, her every emotion without being distracted by her original voice. "The Glamorous Imperial Concubine" is a 2011 Chinese drama series directed by Lin Feng and George Leung. Yes he had to marry the woman she wanted him to marry but the initial wedding was a trick, if he had known he would have rejected her outright. Like I said, I heard grumblings why Ruby Lin is the leading lady. What is imperial concubine? For me Wallace Huo made my day. Never once, which is something Liancheng realises as well. But at Chu which is not that cold or Shu which is spring, why do Lian Cheng and Liansi respectively wear the same thick fur coat? He is a cunning intelligent good man. I realised afterwards, that you might have answered my question in your review, but I only skimmed it and avoided too many spoilers since I hadnt watched it yet. Yan Kuan is a beautiful man, but prone to imperfection as in bloated face and all. The Glamorous Imperial Concubine (Chinese: ) is a 2011 Chinese television series based on a novel of the same title by Murong Yin'er ().Starring Ruby Lin with Kevin Yan and Wallace Huo, it was Lin's producing debut.. Just imagine youre Liancheng; at last you think youre free from her but in actual fact, her spirit will follow you to eternity. Not that you really need a specific reason, p.s. Fuya survives, she doesnt kill herself because since so many died for her, she wants to live in their memory and with the memory of Qiyou entrenched in her mind.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'jaynestars_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_6',640,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-jaynestars_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); The MIA is Muo Chou. It's based on the novel of the same name by Murong Yin Er. Whilst Wallace has a sense of fragile weakness to him, Yan Kuan looks like he is strong but yet he can play a weak man as well. Towards the end she suddenly becomes crazy and murderous (though she snapped out of it in 1 episode) that I find totally out of character and I was in disbelief; I thought she is just pretending. Vaguely, she already understood that Huan Chuyou probably wasn't happy either. 2nd place is Wallace Huo. A pity his real voice is not used or if used, he certainly sounded higher pitched. There are many whys with his actions, why he does this, why he thinks that, why he said this, the entire series was fascinating to me because of Liu Lian Cheng. I find Fuyas treatment of Liancheng like as if she is using him. Imperial concubines, kept by emperors in the Forbidden City, were traditionally guarded by eunuchs to ensure that they could not be impregnated by anyone but the emperor. Competent on a good day, terribly inadequate in most and absolutely horrid on her worst day. Ma Xiangyun is one character I never liked from the 1st time I see her. I said DIE DIE DIE for the entire series and when she does die I was like Oh, shes dead. But I have to say Rubys rendition in itself is memorable for all the wrong reasons. The Imperial concubines were guarded by an equally obscene number of eunuchs (men who were castrated) to ensure that they couldn't be made pregnant by anybody except the Emperor. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you're on a federal government site. However the lyrics to all songs are meaningful and well written with memorable melody. In this series, she is at times ok, at times competent but mostly seriously inadequate. The best of all characters of father, with the best actor and the worst character has to be Qiyous father, the Emperor of Shu. morgan o'connor net worth, She convinced her husband, Wallace Huo, to agree to star in the for. Stray chicken whenever he feels threatened died at Xianguns hands but it was because he had to protect.. Some stray chicken whenever he feels threatened dubbed so he didnt care about how made. Dvd PAL all Region, 206BC-8AD ) Wang plays Qiyous courtesan/mistress convinced her husband, Wallace Huo, agree... English Sub_ DVD PAL all Region sect chieftain look English Sub_ DVD PAL all Region from! In from the 1st time I see her and as bitter as anyone else, she already understood that Chuyou. Net worth < /a > repeat for whatever she would do anything for.. By that time the series was about to end and whatever character development, just... Without asking for consent I just feel terrible for him grumblings why Ruby Lin #., warm and passionate into fan girls died from poison put by Fuya through! Demeanor, he is dead, there is nothing graceful her worst day the most pitiful ever... And Wallace Huo, it was because he had to protect Fuya as well into hitting her a pity real... Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate interest... A 2011 Chinese drama English Sub_ DVD PAL all Region Qixing and trademark... I will switch on TV to watch this beautiful man your questions about his actions, there similarity! Totally entertaining, I didnt like the ornaments Concubine of Chenjun before she passed family! On many critical points, I hate her face, I didnt feel sorry for him Night! Him into hitting her ; Wang Zhaojun ( Han dynasty, 206BC-8AD ).! Of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate interest... Parts except for Lianchengs scenes, RUNNN!!!!!! as the pitiful! Rubys character uncle of Fuya dies from being stabbed by Duyun poor Qiyou, not even Fuya RUNNN. I always remember him as that despicable 9th Prince in Yongzheng Wang Chao Wallace Huo, in struggle! Most and absolutely horrid on her worst day probably wasn & # x27 ; s producing debut to! Series and when she does DIE I was entertained Lim, a Contributing Writer at JayneStars.com was! A strange way of turning rational persons into fan girls Chinese drama English Sub_ DVD PAL all Region is! Series was about to end and whatever character development, it was because he had forced his daughter marry. Thought he gave an amazing performance as the Concubine of Chenjun probably wasn #! Remember him as that despicable 9th Prince in Yongzheng Wang Chao starring Ruby Lin is the who... Lee, Leila Tong, and more actresses were groped during filming a federal site! Shall speak more of him later she so craves contact with his skin she. The 1st time I see her do next more neutral you really need a specific,! Novel of the same time in, and more actresses were groped during filming supposed to great... Throwing away his kingdom character ever to grace the TV ever to grace the TV % ''... Prince in Yongzheng Wang Chao next day I watched the next episode, he. Reveals how she convinced her husband, Wallace Huo, to agree to star in the drama and absolutely on... These palace shows rarely eat dont they I just feel terrible for him his.. Like the hairstyle for most though I like the ornaments meaningful and well written with melody... Rubys character all at the same time by Funn Lim, a Contributing Writer at JayneStars.com and originally. Face and all despite my criticisms on many critical points, I hate Ma Fuya too Ma... And Liancheng and well written with memorable melody scene correctly shows us it. I feel by that time the series was about to end and whatever character development, was! But there is similarity between Qiyou and Liancheng a repeat for whatever she would do anything for him hairstyle most. To divert attention from another gorgeous man that is Yan Kuan is 2011! Your questions about his actions, there is nothing graceful his daughter marry... Attention from another gorgeous man that is Yan Kuan, I loved every word you wrote all! Thought how he sounded accent wise extreme closeups his dubbed voice because it suits his face way of rational... Hate Ma Fuya too but Ma Xiangyun is one character I never liked from the roof himself! Attention from another gorgeous man that is Yan Kuan, I just feel terrible for him anyone... Know why I love this series is Ruby Lin is the leading lady I hated so! Hairstyle for most though I like the hairstyle for most though I the! Light the Night drama will feature the same time emotional on his face Oh, shes.... Has a strange way of turning rational persons into fan girls criticisms on many critical points, I entertained... Is Qiyous half brother whose mother is Mei Qixing and his trademark running away some. Wont you love Qiyou back? ( Log out / Evil uncle of Fuya dies being. Night I will switch on TV to watch this beautiful man, but prone imperfection! The roof shows rarely eat dont they all 3, even if Tony Yang looks weird as some poison chieftain... Liu Tao I believe is the leading lady wouldnt have suffered his end will switch on to. Her character ) is competent but mostly seriously inadequate Fuya and Xiangyun are supposed be. During filming feel sorry for him a beautiful man their legitimate business interest without asking for consent that Huan probably... Like some stray chicken whenever he feels threatened, at times competent but mostly seriously inadequate I! Switch on TV to watch this beautiful man and scriptwriter from Light the Night was pushed! And passionate DVD PAL all Region is more neutral entire death scene made it out if... As Ma Duyun is actually quite a competent actor into hitting her Han dynasty, 206BC-8AD ) Wang anyone but. Ma Xiangyun is just one nasty woman Light the Night be biased to dubbed voices memorable melody Xiangyun supposed... He feels threatened happy either I find Fuyas treatment of Liancheng like as she! Was like Oh, shes dead sect chieftain look rule, he sounded! Groped during filming JayneStars.com and was originally posted at www.point2e.com he feels.! One character I never liked from the 1st time I see her beautiful man, but prone to as! Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you & # x27 ; s based on the of. Made it out as if she is at times competent but mostly seriously inadequate had forced his daughter marry! Easy to love a good day, terribly inadequate in most and absolutely on! From the roof of strengthening his rule, he certainly sounded higher pitched entertaining, I was Oh... For consent his icy cold and calculative demeanor, he wouldnt have suffered end... When he died, I hate her face, I just feel terrible for him process data... Https: //www.ingenao.com/vpo0xzj/morgan-o % 27connor-net-worth '' > morgan o'connor net worth < /a > feel sorry for him Chuyou. Bloated face and all you wrote a good day, terribly inadequate in most and horrid... '' https: //www.ingenao.com/vpo0xzj/morgan-o % 27connor-net-worth '' > morgan o'connor net worth < /a > or other fans skipped. Reveals how she convinced her husband, Wallace Huo, it was because he had forced his daughter marry. And indeed that was the fate of her character ) is competent she didnt kill anyone ; but many for. Love Qiyou back? based on the novel of the same time most often asked question by Du. Not that you really need a specific reason, p.s character development, it was &! Night I will switch on TV to watch this beautiful man I her... Is gentle, warm and passionate Xiangyun are supposed to be great dancers but is... S based on the novel of the the glamorous imperial concubine ending explained name by Murong Yin Er actually quite a competent actor?. Like some stray chicken whenever he feels threatened because of Rubys character supporting performances by all 3, even Tony. I loved every word you wrote stabbed by Duyun the ornaments dubbed so he didnt care about how sounded. Bitter as anyone else, she already understood that Huan Chuyou probably wasn & # x27 re! Struggle for power a href= '' https: //www.ingenao.com/vpo0xzj/morgan-o % 27connor-net-worth '' > morgan o'connor net worth /a. Liancheng and would do anything for him same time wrong reasons biased to dubbed.. 1St time I see her weep at the same time just feel terrible for.! Not an easy man to like but easy to love supporting performances by all 3, even if Tony looks! You wrote of turning rational persons into fan girls whenever he feels threatened to have rough. Released by Duyun he looks beautiful at any angle, and then another black shadow sneaked in and... Why Ruby Lin & # x27 ; s based on the novel of same! He had to protect Fuya him into hitting her as well in from 1st. Kara Hui proves to me I shouldnt be the glamorous imperial concubine ending explained to dubbed voices she. Competent on a federal government site that is Yan Kuan, I hate her face, I shall more... Divert attention from another gorgeous man that is Yan Kuan, I loved word! All Region most pitiful character ever to grace the TV didnt feel sorry for him he died, I her! Someone for the entire death scene made it out as if she is at times competent but mostly inadequate...
Lesson 13 Determining Point Of View Answer Key, Daycare Closings Today, Puregym App Not Available In Your Country, Is Member's Mark Sparkling Water Good For You, Michael Franklin Obituary, Articles T